07 October 2010

Travel

I think that traveling to different places is important in our individual growth. I know for myself personally that when I traveled to Germany, Spain and Italy I became more outgoing each trip. I find that the best way to travel is to go in a smaller size group. If you travel with a group of like 20-25 people, it is going to be difficult for people to see everything they want to see. Groups of about 10-15 are better because then there is less of a chance for somebody to miss something. If it is possible, traveling in a group of like 2-5 people would be ideal because that way you can all see what you want to see. I feel that traveling alone anywhere, even if it is just going somewhere close to home, is unsafe because being in a place where you don't know anybody can be bad if something happens to you.
The best places to travel is to places that interest you individually. I find most European countries fascinating, so whenever the opportunity presents itself, I do everything possible to be able to travel there. That is just my opinion, there could be other people who want to travel to like Africa or Asia, and I say if it is what you want to do, go for it. Now, once you decide where you want to go, you have to decide what to do while there to have what you would consider a "successful" trip. The best way to go about doing this is similar to what led you to traveling there in the first place. If you are interested in something (i.e. art, wilderness, etc.) you should try to go see examples of that in the place you have gone to. For example, I enjoy looking at the architecture in the different countries that I have been to. Whether it be something built in ancient times or be something more modern, I find the way things are constructed is fascinating.

A.) http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/architecture/Ancient-Architecture.html
This link leads to a site that discuss different Ancient Architecture and has examples from different Ancient Civilizations. It is relevant because if I were to travel to places around these sites, I would do my best to get to go see these sites.

B.) These pictures are some of my personal photos from my trip to Spain and Italy. The first one is of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain. This church was awesome because construction on it began in 1882 and it is still being worked on, it is expected to not be finished until at least 2026. This building is an excellent example of how architecture has evolved over the years, because as time went on, the original design has changed.










The second pic is of the Colosseum in Rome. This is a supreme example of ancient architecture. I loved being able to walk around inside it, I can't wait to go back!

No comments: