01 December 2010

Day 2 in Rome

Our second day in Rome was very eventful. We started out at the Vatican. The ceiling of the Sistine chapel was amazing along with the rest of the Vatican. Then we went to St. Peters Basilica. It blew my mind how enormous the inside of the church was. From the outside I was not expecting it to be like that on the inside, but it was beautiful. My favorite part of the day was the view of Rome from the top of the Dome of St. Peters, after we all got our workout from climbing what seemed like the never ending number of stairs, but it was worth it. We also went to the Pantheon, and the Plazza Navona. We all through in our coins into the Trevi Fountain, which was bigger than I expected. We went to the Spanish steps and it was neat too see the city lit up at night. Tomorrow we are headed to Assisi and then on to Florence, I am excited to see how they both compare to what we have experienced so far in Rome.

Also I had Italian gelato for the first time and it was delicious!!

Ciao,
Olivia

No comments: